- Launch of Balla’s In the Name of the Father and the anthology Into the Spotlight at Waterstones Piccadilly, London and at Sheffield University, May 2017
- Launch of The Equestrienne in London (Waterstones Piccadilly and Slovak Embassy) and Cardiff, October 2016
- On 12 April 2016 Julia Sherwood participated in panel on Non-native Translation as part of the Literary Translation Centre at the London Book Fair.
- In March 2016 Julia Sherwood accompanied Polish author Hubert Klimko-Dobrzaniecki on a tour promoting Lullaby for a Hanged Man in the US (Boston, New York and Chapel Hill).
- The Role of Literary Journals in Showcasing Translated Literature
On 15 April 2015 Julia participated in a Literary Translation Centre panel at the London Book Fair
- Not Necessarily About Politics – introducing the Czech issue of Words without Borders with the Czech Centre London, Susan Harris and Alex Zucker at the Betsey Trotwood pub in London Clerkenwell, 14 March 2015; photos
- Launch of The House of the Deaf Man at the Slovak Embassy in London, October 2014
- Launch of the Slovak translation of Hubert Klimko-Dobrzaniecki’s Kołysanka dla wisielca (Uspávanka pre obesenca) at Artforum Bookshop in Bratislava, March 2013
- Multilingual Carpathians, in conversation with Weronika Gogola Asymptote blog, 30 January 2019.
- The European Literature Days 2018. Highlights and Reflections. Asymptote blog, 24 December 2018.
- Slovak Eurostars shine in London, a summary of Slovak literary events in May 2017, written by Julia Sherwood for the EurolitNetwork, 3 July 2017.
- Weekly Dispatches from the Frontlines of Literature on Asymptote blog: news from Slovakia (12 October 2018, 8 June 2018, 23 February 2018, 17 November 2017, 8 September 2017, 26 May 2017, 17 February 2017,25 November 2016 23 September 2016) the Czech Republic (24 August 2018, 11 May 2018, 26 January 2018, 3 November 2017, 9 June 2017, 31 March 2017, 13 January 2017, 7 October 2016, ), the UK (24 March 2017, 21 October 2016) and Poland (16 November 2018, 30 March 2018, 8 December 2017, 6 October 2017, 4 August 2017, 24 March 2017).
- Fear is Everywhere. A dispatch from the 2017 European Literature Days on Asymptote blog, 7 December 2018.
- Ten books by Czech Women We’d Like to See in English, compiled by Julia Sherwood and Alex Zucker, Literary Hub, 11 May 2017
- On Contemporary Russian Theatre, interview with Noah Birksted-Breen on Asymptote blog, 12 April 2017
- Ten Slovak Women Writers We’d Like To See in English, compiled and edited by Julia Sherwood, Literary Hub, 27 March 2017
- On Multilingualism, Translation and Contemporary Literary Culture. Julia Sherwood in Conversation with Ottilie Mulzet, Asymptote blog (Part I 15 March 2017 and Part II 27 March 2017)
- Review of Wioletta Greg’s “Swallowing Mercury” on Riveting Reviews, March 2017 (download the PDF of the print issue of “The Riveter” here)
- On Colonialism and Literature. A dispatch from the 2016 European Days of Literature on Asymptote blog (5 December 2016)
- In the Name of the Father, a preview of Balla’s novel, in Visegrad Insight 9/16
- A Kingdom of Souls, review of the English translation of a novel by Daniela Hodrová for Visegrad Insight 9/16
- Elena Ferrante in Slovak(ia): Julia Sherwood in conversation with Ivana Dobrakovová and Aňa Ostrihoňová, Asymptote blog, 25.2.2016
- The Seven Lives of Agneša Kalinová, an article for Visegrad Insight, 8/16
- European Days of Literature 2015: “The Migrants”. Julia Sherwood’s dispatch from an event organised by the European House of Literature in Wachau, Austria.
- Just the Facts a mini-interview with Julia Sherwood
- Translating the Literatures of Smaller European Nations, Julia Sherwood’s dispatch on a conference held in Bristol in September 2015
- London Translation Marathon, report on translation-related events around London BookFair 2015, on Asymptote blog, 23.4.2015
- Contemporary Women’s Writing in Slovakia Julia Sherwood’s introduction to the Slovak feature of Words Without Borders, February 2015
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Slovak Literary and Book Market, by Julia Sherwood, in Publishing Perspectives, 13.11.2013
- Peter Sherwood on translating Antal Szerb in a double interview on Hungarian Literature Online, 10 January 2018.
- Magdalena Mullek and Julia Sherwood shine a spotlight on Slovak fiction, interview on the Words without Borders daily, 22 September 2017.
- Interview with Peter Sherwood on Hungarian Literature Online, March 2017
- Interview with Julia Sherwood in (Slovak) in the literary journal Romboid, May-June 2015: /šesť otázok/… pre prekladateľku Júliu Sherwood.
- interview with Julia Sherwood (in Slovak) in the daily Pravda, 16.07.2014
- interview with Julia Sherwood (in Slovak) in the daily SME, 20.02.2013
- Julia Sherwood on her writers (in English) on Writers and Translators
- double interview with writer Svetlana Žuchová on multikulti.sk (in Slovak)
Interview (in Slovak) with Západoslovenská televízia on translating Slovak literature and the literary journal Asymptote.
2015 London Book Fair – panel on the Role of Literary Journals in Showcasing Literature in Translation
Samko Tále London book launch, January 2011
Peter Sherwood talks to Péter Esterházy in New York, March 2010 (from 5:24 minutes, after a reading from “Celestial Harmonies”)